Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Time to Catch up

Well, as you have noticed not much blogging has been done over the summer. We didn't do much but we did buy a house. We moved into a fantastic area up by the university. We have an enormous back yard, a beautiful garden (with something blooming all the time), and great neighbors. It's the perfect area for our family. We love it!!! We did buy a house that needs some major remodeling. We started construction the week after we moved in.
Sawyer had one week with his very own backyard. He was so happy! We are super lucky because we also have a park across the street. Sawyer is loving his play time outside.
Well here is the front of the house. It won't look like this for long. We have great visions of it's potential.
Here is the front room that connects to the kitchen. It's hard to see but it's a pretty good size.
The front room has the perfect window for a Christmas Tree! I will admit it was one of the first things I loved about this house. It also has two wood burning fireplaces we love.

We also really liked the kitchen. I was so happy that it wasn't the first thing we would have to remodel. We love the red and black.
The very first thing we did to the house was fix the hard wood floors. They were in horrible condition. We are so happy with the way they turned out.
Once the floors were done, it was time to start moving in. My dad and Jan came up to to see the house and helped me pick out furniture for the front room. Holli gave us some drapes so we needed to find something to tie it all together. Dad and Jan, we can't thank you enough for all your help. We couldn't have done it without you. Most important thing about the day was Sawyer and I spent the entire day with Papa and grandma. It was a blast! We love you so much! Jan, I don't think you know how much you truly helped me. Thank you!
I bet most of you didn't know that we only had showers at our apartment. I must say you all take your tubs for granted! Sawyer and I both were so excited to have a bathtub. He will stay in it until his hands wrinkle. He loves it! Silly boy!!!
Sawyer is super excited about his new room. He is really into super heros. Aunt Holli bought him this awesome spider man to put on his will. It matches his sheets. I'm pretty sure this is his favorite room in the house.
How cute is his bed!!!! He loves all the pillows and loves having his big boy bed!
While the inside of the house is coming together quit nice, the outside is another story. This is one of the huge holes in the back yard. I took this picture from the kitchen door. This will eventually be our pool table room. It's enormous! You can see a door on the right hand side. This door takes you into the theater room. When this section is done, it will be the first of three major projects. It's going to be awesome when it's all done. I can't wait!Our backyard is huge! As you can see the cement truck fits easily. I must say it's not the most beautiful backyard. But it will be when it's complete.
Then mountain of dirt in the back is one thing I can't wait to get rid of.
everyday we have a new coat of dust inside the house when we get home from work. It's starting to drive me crazy! Patience is one thing I'm pretty good at and it's a good thing.
Well, as you can see Sawyer is loving his new house. He tells us all the time how much he loves his new house and new bed room. This was the best move we could have made for our little family.
I will continue to post updates as the construction continues on our new house. We are so excited for the final product. We have some very exciting additions to come.

No comments: